UP FOR SALE ARE NEW, OLD STOCK IDE/PATA SOLID STATE DRIVES, APPROXIMATELY 1GB IN SIZE. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THESE ARE NOT SATA DRIVES, THEY ARE THE OLDER PATA/IDE-STYLE INTERFACE FROM THE 1990'S AND EARLY 2000'S. THEY ARE ALSO 1ST GENERATION SOLID STATE DRIVES, SO THEY ARE NOT AS FAST AS TODAY'S HIGH-PERFORMANCE SATA SOLID STATE DRIVES. HAVING COVERED THAT, THESE ARE VERY USEFUL DRIVES FOR REPLACEMENT OF OLDER HARD DRIVES WHERE THE SYSTEM WILL RECOGNIZE A 1GB DRIVE. ESPECIALLY IN OLDER DOS, WINDOWS 3.X AND PRIOR SYSTEMS LIKE OLD HOME GAMING COMPUTERS, CNC MACHINING RIGS, ETC.
***IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT***
- YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO CONFIGURE AND USE THESE DRIVES WITH AN OLDER SYSTEM.
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR RESEARCHING IF THIS DRIVE CAN BE USED IN YOUR SYSTEM.
- YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THIS DRIVE MAY REQUIRE SPECIAL TRANSLATION SOFTWARE TO WORK WITH MUCH
OLDER SYSTEMS AND THAT WE DO NOT PROVIDE SUCH SOFTWARE OR OFFER ANY SUPPORT.
- YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE DO NOT PROVIDE TECH SUPPORT AND THERE ARE NO RETURNS ON THIS ITEM
SHOULD IT NOT SUIT YOUR NEEDS OR YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO CONFIGURE IT.
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE SPECIFICATIONS.
***IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT***
FROM THE MANUFACTURER'S DATA SHEET:
IDE Compatibility X3T10 2008D, Rev. 6
IDE Mode Support Up to PIO Mode 4
IDE Drive Number Drive 0 or 1
Physical Capacity 8 Gbyte
Physical Sector Size 512 bytes
Sequential Read 6 Mbytes/sec
Sequential Write 6 Mbytes/sec
Burst Read 16.6 Mbytes/sec
Burst Write 16.6 Mbytes/sec
Operating Temperature Range
Commercial 0o to +70oC
Extended -20o to +75oC
Industrial -40o to +85oC
Storage Temperature -55o to +125oC
Shock - operating 1000G, half sine
Vibration - operating 15G Random
Airflow None required
Humidity 5% to 95% NC
Safety CSA File LR114427
EMC EN55022 and EN50082-1
Endurance Application Specific
8Kbytes/30 sec 3.2 million hours
ECC 72-bit Reed Solomon
Voltage 5V +/- 5%
Sleep 45 mA
Read 90 mA
Write 112 mA
Length 5.56 inches (141.2 mm)
Width 4.0 inches (101.6 mm)
Height 0.50 inches (12.7 mm)
Cable Interface Unitized 40-pin IDE and
Max. Cable Length 18 inches (457 mm)
Rec. Cable Length 12 inches (305 mm)
Weight (4 Gbytes) 6.4 oz 181 g)
* Specifications subject to change without notice.
• 128 Mbyte to 8 Gbyte uncompressed capacity • Full -40oC to +85oC industrial temperature range • Low profile 3.5” drive form-factor • Standard 40-pin, unitized IDE interface • 72-bit ECC for exceptional data reliability • 5 volt, low power operation • Completely solid state - no moving parts • 1000G operating shock • 15G operating vibration • 6 Mbytes/sec Read throughput • 6 Mbytes/sec Write throughput • 10 year data integrity The AT3515 is an entry-level low cost solid-state flash drive, with a maximum capacity of 8 Gbyte in an extremely compact low profile 3.5” form-factor. It is completely solid state, with no moving parts. This contributes to the unit’s exceptional ruggedness and wide operating temperature range; with no moving parts, there is no mechanism for mechanical wear-out. Being 100% IDE compatible, no special drivers or flash file managers are required. It is a virtual drop in replacement for standard rotating media. The AT3515 employs sector erasable NAND E2PROMs (Flash) to deliver up to 8 Gbytes of uncompressed, non-volatile solid state storage in an extremely small, rugged form factor. Sequential sustained data throughput is up to 6 Mbytes/sec for reads and 6 Mbytes/sec for writes. The drive supports up to PIO Mode-4 and DMA Mode-2 bus access, multi-sector transfers, as well as LBA addressing. It is 100% IDE compatible and requires no special drivers to operate The drive is implemented using a custom IDE Flash controller with multi-tasking technology. An integrated 72-bit Reed-Solomon error detection and correction mechanism and proprietary remapping and wear-leveling technology along with a power hold-up circuit greatly improve data reliability. Its’ cost effectiveness and low-power operation make the AT3515 ideal for applications requiring high reliability at a low cost up to 8 Gbytes of data storage. The drive is available in a number of standard capacities from 128 to 8 Gbyte. Please contact the factory for specific size availability. Each drive is fully tested under environmental and voltage extremes to guarantee data integrity under even the harshest conditions. The drive may be mounted in any orientation. Bottom and side mounting holes are available that conform to the 3.5” IDE drive standard.